Inbound Raw Material Technician
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Purpose of Role:
This position supports the development of the inbound verification program for raw materials to ensure the Quality and Food Safety of raw materials received for conversion by Mars. This position supports the Food Safety Team that makes complex risk based food safety decisions that have a direct impact on the microbial quality of Mars Chocolate North America products and processes. The primary responsibility of this role will be to support the development of Atlas T&C through the population of pre-inspection plans. This position does require full-time hours 5 days a week (i.e., 40 hour work week).
• Populate pre-inspections plans to enable development of inspection plans in preparation for deployment of Atlas T&C.
• Drive improvements in raw material specifications through the escalation of nonconformances based on deviations between MRA and specifications.
Mission Critical Competencies
• Action Oriented
• Command Skills
• Drive for Results
• Organizational Agility
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good listening skills
• Record Keeping
• Microsoft Access experience
• Preferred experience – 1-2 years of laboratory experience preferred (i.e., food and/or pharmaceutical)
• B.S. degree in microbiology or related field (e.g., Food Science, Medical Technology, Biotechnology, Biology) required.