We have an excellent opportunity with our client for the position of Applications Engineer at San Jose, CA. Please review the information below and if you are available; please reply back with a copy of your resume and best number to reach you.
Duration: Till end of year
Location: San Jose, CA
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated application developer to build and maintain cutting edge web based applications. As a key member of the software development team, the candidate will work towards developing and maintaining business solutions that leverage various identification and location technologies. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, experience with cutting edge software platforms and architectures. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. You should be comfortable wearing many hats. You will be part of a small, collaborative team of talented engineers.
As an Applications Engineer, you will take ownership of designing and developing the applications with the latest technologies. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with product owners, engineering and executive teams to drive some of the applications development from inception to completion. You will be working in a collaborative team using agile software development methodology. The applications would be deployed across several customer bases in existing deployments.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of backend development experience or for another senior position 5 to 10+ years of backend development experience
• Working experience with NodeJS, Java, MongoDB and Kafka
• Familiarity with source control systems like Mercurial/Git and SVN
• Excellent communicator and team player
• Strong commitment to developing high-quality, maintainable code to meet complex, changing requirements
• Excited about doing full stack development; Strong belief in the importance of testing
• Familiar with continuous and agile integration/deployment and test-driven development
• RFID and ALE
• Docker containers and Cloud (AWS) technologies
• Micro services architecture