Title: IT Service Delivery Technician II
Location: Cheektowaga, NY 14227
Duration: 6 Months
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week
Provides technical support to the organization's internal users of computer applications, hardware and network (e.g., PCs, servers, mainframes); deploys end point hardware and software products and services, answers questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, and systems status; collaborates with other teams within IT in order to restore service and/or identify problems; and maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or Computer Science preferred, or relevant concentration, with 2-3 years of experience; or 3 to 4 years relevant and equivalent business or IT experience. ITIL knowledge preferred, Certification a plus.
· Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Directory Services, Windows XP/7/10, Microsoft Office 2003 – 2013, Cisco VoIP and Networking, mobile communications, Service Now Ticketing system, etc.
· Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Experience working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· A+, Network+, Microsoft, Cisco, or other relevant technical certifications a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitor the Help Desk ticketing and provide timely assistance to customers with incidents, events, problems, requests and projects.
· Prepare timely documentation of issue resolution.
· Deploy computers, printers, multifunction devices, scanners, faxes, VoIP phones and mobile devices.
· Manage all computers, operating systems, and software required by end-user.
· Ensure connectivity of all equipment including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multifunction devices.
· Manage end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems with computers, input/output fleet, voice and video equipment. Escalate incidents as necessary.
· Analyze the performance of the supported devices, identify and report common issues to the appropriate support groups.
· Work with business partners and other IT support teams to schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
· Provide IT services for end users including visitors within the assigned region.
· Assist with resolving security related issues.
· Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Coordinate the implementation of desktop and server systems with other infrastructure and applications teams utilizing industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
· Practice network asset management as per documented processes.
· Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the team lead.