Title: Help Desk II
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Duration: 3+ Months Contract
Shift: 08:00 am to 05:00 pm
· Responsible for supporting all end user hardware and software issues including computer and phone issues.
· Responsible for solution of problems escalated from the first level support.
· Also responsible for managing and operating call centre telephony platforms and their associated subsystems.
· Provide system-level support of multi-user telephony and computer (operating) systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems.
· Other duties include the tracking of problems until a solution is identified and implemented to the customer's satisfaction.
· Problems could include hardware issues, software issues, virus remediation, fault isolation on PCs, LAN equipment, VoIP phones, printers, communications devices and other peripherals.
Education and/or Experience:
· Associate’s degree in information technology and minimum of four years’ experience.
· Candidate may also have an equivalent combination of education and experience in a multi-vendor desktop and laptop environment.
Essential Job Knowledge:
· Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support executives, department heads, supervisors, administrative personnel, engineers and staff.
· Moderate understanding of desktop software/hardware including printer hardware, and the subsequent implementation, support, and repair of all.
· Moderate understanding of desktop Operating Systems from Microsoft.
· Moderate understand of Operating systems and hardware from Apple.
· Basic understanding of Linux based desktop Operating Systems.
· Moderate understanding of desktop imaging technologies such as MDT, SCCM, etc.
· Moderate understanding of networking protocols, topology, and troubleshooting.
· Moderate understanding of technology such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, and ActiveSync.
· Moderate understanding of modern mobile technologies and their implementation in a corporate environment.
· Experience in video conference technology and support.
· Hands-on experience with Avaya and VoIP related equipment.
· Experience with data, voice and/or VoIP technologies.
· Coordinate equipment pickups for recycling.
Certificates / Licenses:
· A+ Certification
· Network+ Certification
· Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MTA, and MCSE/MCSA.
· Avaya certifications are a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the day to day administration and support of the company’s laptop and desktop personal computers and peripherals.
· Tier 1 support for Corporate Call Center Avaya and VoIP related issues
· Has the ability to support executives and senior leadership and can act as a guide to junior members of the team.
· Monitor trouble tickets and prioritize problems based on business impact.
· Participation in troubleshooting, isolation, resolution and problem escalations as needed.
· Fulfilment of hardware, new hire and move requests.
· Provide support for VMware and other desktop applications.
· Maintain physical inventory of hardware and software.
· Purchase minor accessories and hardware in order to maintain existing hardware or as business needs arise
· Follow and maintain corporate and department standards and polices.
· Maintains and gains knowledge and competency in related Microsoft technologies.
· Special projects from management will be assigned out and individual tasks will be assigned and worked to resolution.
Note: This position is not eligible for Overtime billing.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055