This is a contract position with a duration of 6-12 months, depending on the assigned support activities.
The Design Draftsman is a key member of the D-R Synchrony Engineering team. They will report to the Product Line Technical Manager and take day to day direction from the Mechanical and Controls group supervisors. Primary duties include creation of 3D models, manufacturing drawings of magnetic bearing components and packaging of magnetic bearing control systems. This will be in support of a significant O&G project that will be awarded in early November 2017.
Working within our facility is a hard requirement. A design workstation will be provided for the design draftsman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Maintain a safe working environment and a commitment to safety excellence.
• Use Solid Works and other software to support Engineering projects by designing product assemblies, product components, and test fixtures.
• Prepare complete detail and layout drawings from instructions, specifications, and solid models.
• Possess practical and intuitive understanding of mechanical design principles.
• Correct existing drawings as assigned.
• Execute trade secret protection and confidentiality best practices.
• Plan and execute multiple project tasks at one time.
• Perform additional duties as requested.
The requirements listed below are the minimum qualifications an employee needs to fulfill this position. They are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required for the position.
Preferred Education An Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Machine Technology or similar discipline.
Five (5) years of relevant experience is required:
• Create and modify models and detailed drawings.
• Create and provide detailed machining, fabrication, and assembly drawings.
• Fluent with 3D modeling and SolidWorks.
• 3D CAD skills (3 years Minimum).
• Experience in tolerance analysis.
• Able to complete assignments on schedule.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Conduct additional duties as requested.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Fluent in use of SolidWorks, specifically the creation and modification of models and detailed drawings is mandatory
• Must have fully comprehensive understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) principles
• Must be proficient in drafting standards (Synchrony drafting standards are based on Y14.5 M -1994)
• Ability to work with other people
• Must be able to read, understand and follow electrical schematic diagrams.
• Must have patience and attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is desirable but not mandatory
The work environment is a normal office work area. No physical work or work in the manufacturing area will be expected of you.
There may however be occasions that observing operations in the manufacturing/assembly area may be beneficial to the conduct of your job. While you are out in the shop you may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, heated mechanical parts, adhesive fumes, airborne particles, and energized electrical systems.
All necessary PPE (personal protective equipment) and safety training will be provided by the company.