Incumbent works in an agency information technology division as a top level technical expert performing custom software coding/modifications to make the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management system (HCM) conform to Indiana State requirements, as well as supports periodic Oracle PUM implementation and testing, and ongoing maintenance for the Development, Quality Assurance and Production PeopleSoft Human Resources and Enterprise Learning systems which provides services for 180 agencies. Reports to Deputy IT Director
• Provides technical leadership on complex projects involving: designing, coding, testing,
debugging and documenting PeopleSoft application modifications/enhancements to meet the
State of Indiana requirements.
• Interacts with Management, Applications Experts and Business Owners in understanding and
resolving system/application related problems using analytical and problem solving skills.
• Performs code reviews of modifications made by developers outside GMIS before migration to
• Monitors customized application changes and migrates changes between Development, Quality
Assurance, and Production environments following development guidelines.
• Prepares and migrates custom system modifications during PeopleSoft PUM projects.
Resources hardware structure.
• Interacts directly with Oracle to resolve vendor-related issues.
• Maintains functional knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM Modules
Projects, HCM modules as requested
Extensive knowledge of information systems relating to PeopleSoft HCM / ELM Modules
• Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used in applications
• Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures relating to PeopleSoft HCM/ELM
• Ability to develop customized applications using Peopletools, SQR, Application Engines, Crystal
Reports and BI Publisher
• Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals
. Extensive Knowledge of PS tools 8.6
. Extivsive Knowledge of PS HCM and ELM Modules
• Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities
Difficulty of work
This is a high level position as the GMIS infrastructure is critical to the state. All statewide financial and Human Resource applications are hosted here. The position requires both technical knowledge of development tools but also a basic understanding of the functionality of PeopleSoft HCM and ELM
Support the GMIS Application team by completing documented customizations as needed by end user.