Job Title: Litigation Consultant
Claims Line of Business: General Liability
Duration: 4 months Contract (until 3/15/2018)
Location: 2201 W. Royal Ln. Suite 125 Irving, TX 75063
Hours: 7.5 hours per day & 5 days a week role
· 5 Years Claims management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (Required)
· MS Office (Required)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Highly desired)
To address cases involving a legal inquiry or dispute and to develop a strategy to bring a case to satisfactory resolution
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Reviews/acts on reports/forms; responds to inquiries; seeks legal opinion and early resolution; and communicates resolution to appropriate parties.
· Responds to decisions, agreement, and/or court order; creates action plan; determines need for examination; gains client authorization.
· Identifies cases for settlements/redemptions.
· Gathers/documents additional information and coordinates with client designees.
· Requests legal/private investigation; assigns to and coordinates with local counsel; monitors local counsel performance.
· Responds to plaintiff's counsel, union, employee, or client requests.
· Identifies issues; formulates defense strategy.
· Establishes/adjusts accrued liability.
· Approves administrative expenses.
· Identifies subrogation opportunities and manages process.
· Attends mediations or hearings as needed.
· Works with partners to effect early return-to-work.
Additional functions and responsibilities:
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Supports the organization's quality program(s)
Education & Licensing:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Legal courses preferred.
· Five (5) years of claims management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Legal experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.