Position: Packaging Producer/Jr. Project Manager
Locations: Austin, TX 78753
Duration – 9+ months (extendable)
Job Code - 7390857
Packaging Producer/Jr. Project Manager in the EDG Packaging team will work closely with other packaging producers, designers and global stakeholders to manage 3rd-party production of mechanical artworks for print. This team member will need a firm grasp of digital creative process and be able to develop a sixth sense in prioritizing several projects at once.
We are seeking a driven go-getter with keen attention to detail and the ability to sift through complex information to identify and secure information/assets from cross-functional teams and manage the creation of global print-ready files for press. Ability to build rapport and credibility with others, demonstrated clarity in communications and extremely organized work habits are key requirements for success.
• Production management: work collaboratively with lead designer, external production vendor, art director and global client teams to produce artworks on tight deadlines and ever changing expectations
• Manage production requests from intake to printer delivery, with budget, schedule, and communications ownership
• Proactively drive delivery of all elements/assets required to complete artwork
• Continually update process documentation and drive process improvement initiatives
• Ad hoc special projects as needed
• PC platform
• Microsoft Excel skills helpful; Adobe Creative Suite skills not required, but also very helpful
• Ability to problem solve quickly and work with constant ambiguity
• Business process improvement driver
• Strong ability to prioritize deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Develop and maintain an encyclopedic knowledge of past jobs and style guides
• Ability to change gears quickly as deadlines update and business critical changes are requested last minute
Tools: Windows systems (no Macs!) - Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – Adobe Creative Suite a huge plus.
The qualified candidate would have an excellent memory (details are very important), craves organization but satisfied never fully reaching it and can juggle multiple running chainsaws in the air at the same time (OK, this may be optional). You will be challenged to maintain calm as these materials are often requested for three separate meetings, all of which are happening at the same day/time.
If you are an Industrial Designer with project manager skills, or a project manager that appreciates design technology you would really enjoy this role and being around the latest-and-greatest concepts. Please note, while an appreciation for design is a plus, this is NOT a design role, it’s 100% organization and somewhat librarian like (we use a check in/out system). A background in special event management would also be welcomed.
NOTE THIS IS NOT A CREATIVE ROLE, IT IS A PM ROLE
- 1 - 3 years of experience in project management
- Familiar with creative process
- Windows based
- MS Suite
- 4 year degree or equivalent exp.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560