• To plan, control and maintain the transport schedule, balancing the commercial demand, transportation costs.
• To maintain contacts with countries order desks.
• To calculate the medium/short term transport planning, taking into account the desired delivery date and costs
• To calculate the transport capacity based upon the customer demand and the promised delivery date
• To set up and maintain overall system parameters
• Obtain and analyze data from the transport system and to formulate adjustments to the schedules.
• To design, based upon analyses, new transportation schedules.
• Contribute, as part of working groups, to the implementation of new control systems and the improvement of planning procedures and methods.
We are looking for
• Working/thinking level with Logistics approx. 3 years’ experience.
• Knowledge of transport planning techniques and how to apply them in different situations.
• Basic Lean continuous improvement principles
• Experience with SAP-system and MS office applications
• Consult manager and transport firms regarding trends in adjustments to the planning.
• Consults parties involved on shipment plan and agrees on changes in destination, costs, frequency and transport time.
• Knows how to systematically draw up a shipment routing.
• Translate the legal framework for appropriate transport mode or situation.
• Analysis on the available transport capacity in his domain and how to formulate and underpin suggestions to adjustment on complex situations.
• Formulate suggestion which new means of transport should be purchased
• Ensure legal and corporate compliance for all modes of transportation.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-402-1080 / Fax 510-623-5055
Email Id: Sawant@apninc.com