The material handler 2 performs under direct supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor. This position will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the delivery of incoming and outgoing materials from the receiving inspection department. The material handler 2 will gather all goods receipts, record receipt timestamp and verify sample size in SAP. The material handler 2 will perform inspection of received materials for any damage; locate any supporting documentation, and ensure receiving label adhered to box is verified to match information associated with the goods receipt.
The material handler 2 will then pull the required samples from multiple boxes (when applicable) and place in appropriate containers. He or She with the deliver the materials to the receiving inspection department and pickup parts that have completed the inspection process. The material handler 2 will re-box inspected parts, label with appropriate inspection results, and coordinate the return of the parts to the main warehouse for stocking.
• Must have knowledge of inspection specifications, Certificate of Compliance (CoC), Certificate of Analysis (CoA) processing
• Knowledge and understanding of general ESD principals
• Follow and understand verbal and written instructions.
• Must have oral communication skills, demonstrate teamwork, be adaptable, have the ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
• Frequent sitting and standing.
• May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
• Expedite parts through the receiving inspection cycle
• Work with quality, purchasing, and management to ensure the smooth flow of materials and information between departments
• Complete data entry and file records of material movements and other records.
• Manually or mechanically, load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
• Safely use pallet jacks, reach trucks, and other material handling equipment. Wear of safety-toed shoes is a requirement.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Adhere to and enforce safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• 2 to 4 years’ experience in position or specialization
• Experience in regulated industry (ex. Medical, aerospace, automotive, etc.) a plus
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite
• SAP experience required
• Proficiency in reading, basic math and manual dexterity
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred or equivalent training, education, and/or experience