Duration 12 months with potential to extend
Location: Houston, TX
The Customs Strategy and Risk team is responsible for (i) assessing, monitoring, proactively mitigating and reporting on Siemens’ Customs and Border Protection (CBP) risks, and (ii) establishing the strategy for the U.S. Customs compliance program.
The U.S. Customs Strategy and Risk intern will work 15-20 hours during the academic year and full time during the 2018 summer break. During the school year, the hours are flexible to meet the student’s schedule.
The intern will assist Siemens Customs team members to help Siemens U.S. meet its obligations under the Siemens Internal Control Program, including providing advice, consulting, training and strategic guidance. The position reports to the Head, U.S. Customs Strategy and Risk at 15375 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079.
• Assist in internal review process; identify and pull entry documentation for analysis.
• Assist in preparation of internal guidelines, processes, and procedures.
• Assist in creating internal newsletters.
• Assist in interpreting Customs Regulations of the United States.
• Assist in data analysis and manipulation to identify opportunities for improvements.
• Strong aptitude or interest in business process.
• Strong aptitude or interest in international business.
• Strong Microsoft Windows suite knowledge (Excel, Visio, PPT, Word, Access, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize - flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for projects or assignments
• Flexibility and willingness to work at least 20 hours per week during the semester
Required knowledge, skills, education and experience:
• Coursework and interest in international business, logistics, supply chain management, business law, contracts, intellectual property, or other related disciplines
• Must be second or third year student with at least a “B” GPA.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
• Ability to work independently
Preferred knowledge, skills, education and experience:
• Experience with SAP and Integration Point
• Robust knowledge of international trade regulations and effect on business processes
• Local candidates are preferred for this position
• Relocation assistance is not available