Temp to Hire role
We're taking on bold challenges and we're looking for an experienced and motivated web UI developer to help us build high-quality, cutting-edge user experiences that transform the power of our global scale big data into intuitive interfaces. If you're passionate about using the latest web technologies to deliver best-in-class apps and working in a fun, intense environment, where you'll collaborate every day with your team of talented developers and designers then please apply.
Who are we?
Our development teams focus on enabling our customers to solve their unique business challenges by leveraging the power of our big data and streaming data platforms. Our developers design solutions that rely on choosing the right tool for the job, often with cutting edge technologies. We offer a highly collaborative work environment where accountability, innovation, and initiative are valued and best practices, coding standards, and a test driven attitude are leveraged to produce software of the highest quality.
Who are you?
You are a curious, engaged and confident developer who enjoys crafting apps that solve problems. You embrace collaboration and are driven to help your peers and team succeed. You are quick to identify problems and act to solve them, drawing on your team into the process. You have something to teach us and are not afraid to share it.
What will you do?
You will spend every day working with some of the most talented developers in the country to solve some very challenging business problems in our industry. As a part of the UI applications team, your focus will be to develop and deliver business applications for enterprise customers. Your fellow team members will be doing the same in other cross-functional project teams, but you will all come together in support of maintaining and maturing our applications and the platform they are built on. And finally, quality is highly important to us so you will embrace a commitment to constantly improving it through the use of code reviews, unit tests, automation, extreme programming, and by working alongside QA.
What do you need to bring to us?
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience in NodeJS. Ruby or .NET are a bonus
• 3+ years experience using one or more JS framework; React, Backbone & Underscore, Angular, or
• Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS (including SASS) and an in-depth knowledge of the DOM
• Experience with public Github or Github Enterprise
• Enjoy working in an agile development environment with aggressive release schedules
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
What we will be extra impressed by
• Experience in building and deployment of software using Jenkins, Artifactory, and Rundeck
• Strong design skills, attention to pixel-perfect detail, and the ability to turn concepts and sketches into
• Embrace a test-first development approach, leveraging unit test tools such as NUnit
• Advocate of Agile practices and methodologies
• A personal interest in web technology and a drive for team leadership