Job TITLE: MDH – Platform Engineer (Linux, IaaS, PaaS)
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 12 months
Join a dynamic team that is using Agile to develop the next generation of mobile patient monitors & cloud-based networks. As a Staff Platform Engineer, you’ll be working on a state of the art platform that provides clinical intelligence at the point of need for caregivers. We are developing a first of its kind hospital wide solution. Be a part of a team that is redefining the patient monitoring portfolio: mobile, cableless, cloud enabled. Join the Digital Industrial transformation at GE Healthcare!
Responsible for engineering and building a mission critical, horizontally scalable, and highly available on-customer-premise cloud infrastructure built on Linux, virtualization, and container technologies leveraging skills in Infrastructure as a Service and Linux Configuration and Administration.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Develops horizontally scalable and highly available infrastructures on which microservices are deployed.
• Owns developing deployment processes for large and complex releases of a product and at times expands the scope across multiple concurrent releases. Focuses on scale and efficiency.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge in Linux Configuration, Administration, Scripting and Containerized infrastructures.
• Manages key deliverables and mentors junior team members
• Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality
• Current on latest Linux virtualization and deployment techniques and methodologies and promotes across the team.
• Works with developers and stakeholders to deliver quality software environments for the MDH Platform
• Partners with and provides direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Works cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Develops and enhances the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams
• Aware of and complies with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related computer degree
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in Linux configuration & environment administration.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in scripting (bash, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby)
• Strong understanding of server-class hardware including administration and configuration (eg. RAID, network bonding)
• Ability to troubleshoot network, hardware, virtual machine, and build system issues that could be due to hardware, software or network faults.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Working experience with Docker container technologies
• Working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – OpenStack
• Working knowledge of Platforming as a Service (PaaS) - Kubernetes, Openshift
• Demonstrated experience with Data Center configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience in Scalability/High Availability strategies for Java Services & Microservices
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Testing (TeamCity, Jenkins)
• Experience with Build Tools (Maven, Gradle, *make)
• Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology
• Outstanding communication, facilitation and influencing skills; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
• Experience working with medical devices or in a regulated industry
“Nice to Have” Qualifications:
• Experience with
o Software defined networks
o Load Balancing
o Hardware specs (compute/storage/network)
o SAN/NAS configuration & administration
o Distributed Logging (syslog)
o NTP, DHCP, DNS configuration & administration
o Distributed System Management (Nagios, Elastic Stack/ELK)
o Licensing solutions in a distributed environment
APN Software Services Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, Ca 94560