Duration: 9 Months Contract
***The candidate may be a 'freelancer' who works 20-30 hours a week while maintaining his/her other freelance clients. OR may be a full time 40 hour a week contractor. No OT.
Note: Portfolio of work required.
You are a proven ad agency senior writer/ACD/problem solver with at least 10 -15 years of experience who’s ready for a change and a challenge. You know how to turn a creative brief into compelling campaign concepts that become the foundation of dozens of marketing support materials – from digital banners and short-form content to emails. You can lead by example a diverse team of writers and guide them to do their best work. You have solid B2B chops, preferably in technology. You’re able to tease out the most relevant facts from the creative brief and other background resources in order to craft words in a way that captures the interest of the most jaded decision maker. And you can help others do the same. You handle the fastest of fast paces, don’t wilt under pressure and know how to both champion ideas and walk away when the battle is lost. While you have traditional print, TV and radio experience under your belt, you understand the ins and outs of reaching an online audience and have maybe even written a website or two. You like winning awards, but that’s not as important as being able to have an impact on your client’s bottom line.
Day to Day Activities:
Concept development for campaigns; coordinate, guide and direct writer teams in the creation of marcom assets; work with account managers, project managers and ISG Marcom leadership to manage writing project deadlines; interpret and apply stakeholder feedback
· Strong people management and coaching skills to provide clear creative direction
· Significant brand-building experience
· Understand online UX/UI concepts and best practices
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
· Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills
· Experience in strategic planning and execution
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
What type of background are you looking for?
· Ad agency experience as a senior writer, ACD or CD is mandatory, as is B2B experience
What industries or companies should recruiters target for candidates?
· Ad agency internal or external, design firms
What soft skill should the supplier be on the lookout for?
· Confident (but not cocky), leadership abilities, adaptable to new environments,
· This is a collaborative, team-oriented environment. No place for divas or egos.
· The ISG Marcom writing team consists of a senior manager who oversees the team. Two other experienced writers with significant ad agency backgrounds -- one contractor, one FTE -- are copy directors who guide and direct team members through asset development. The remaining writing team members are of various backgrounds -- ad agency writers, technical marcom writers, etc.