Job Title – Sr. Software Engineer
Job Location – Foster City CA
Length – Contract (8 Months+)
Why this role on this team?
You will be part of a highly skilled software development team responsible for building cloud services/API and tools as part of PaaS layer of HealthSuite Digital Platform.
This role will provide you the opportunity to leverage your diverse software background to deliver our healthcare platform services to a broad set of internal and external customers.
Take your technical skills to the next level working on diverse and complex technical challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
As a part of this new organization you will have a unique opportunity to broaden your technical knowledge and problem solving skills while being at the forefront of healthcare innovation working on our advanced healthcare digital platform.
No other organization has the breadth and depth of the extended portfolio of health care solutions that Philips has across the entire health continuum, from the hospital into the home.
Philips is uniquely positioned as a health technology leader. We’ve been doing this for over 100 years, and leading the confluence of clinical and informatics is in our DNA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build scalable, secure, and HIPAA compliant cloud-based services.
- Design and develop cloud platform services using open source technologies including Java/Spring
- Evaluate latest technologies and develop POCs to demonstrate the relevance of these technologies
- Work collaboratively in an SAFe Agile/Scrum team
- Troubleshoot integration and production issues in cloud services and cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Operations team to help maintain various environments to meet uptime, performance, cost, and security goals.
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of cloud based micro-services using Cloud Foundry/Heroku/Docker
- Proficient in modern application development environment using a combination of Java/Spring and Node.js
- Knowledge of building high throughput reactive services utilizing message brokers like Rabbit MQ, Kafka and interacting with 3rd party API like Amazon S3, SNS, Hashicorp Vault, etc
- Proficient in data modeling, logical and physical database design using Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience in building triggers, stored procedures/functions using SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, PL/PgSQL
- Knowledge of data interchange formats like XML, JSON, Protobuf, Thrift
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment
- Knowledge of healthcare standards like DICOM, HL7 is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and work well in teams.
- Bachelor's degree (BA / BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Knowledge of automation using Python and Salt Stack
- Familiarity with healthcare industry.
APN Software Service INC