Title: Business analyst – Application monitoring (NTTJP00000160)
Duration: 0-12 months
Location: Dacoma Road, Houston, Texas
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
Develops complex business systems applications, responsible for the overall technical design of the system. Activities includes defining the system (people and computer), data bases, programs, screens and reports; enforcing the ExxonMobil standards to be used for coding and documentation; consulting to clarify specifications.
Works with minimum supervision, and often acts as a team leader.
Prior experience developing complex business systems applications and as a system architect or project leader required; in-depth general knowledge of information technologies and advanced knowledge of required technologies, systems development lifecycle and related methodologies; project management skills, ability to anticipate and manage problems; well defined communication skills; full understanding of business functions; leadership ability to build an effective team.
This position emphasis is “Applications End to End Monitoring” as it pertains to synthetic monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Event Correlation and performance metric analysis.
• Use communication and process skills to understand application and infrastructure architecture, application workflow, key transactions and guide the customer through key monitoring capabilities that best match their needs.
• Deliver application quality performance using the customer view of performance (end user experience) coupled with advanced performance management technology.
• Prior ExxonMobil experience and related architecture knowledge is preferred. Application and Performance Analysis Skills:
• Expert knowledge interfacing with the Business Customer and Applications Support teams for application profiling and underlying architecture (technology stack, workflow, etc.).
• Ability to interface with the Application user via UCD principles for obtaining key transactions to monitor
• Ability to conceptually grasp an application’s process flow and architecture without direct access to source code.
• Expert knowledge in tools used for cross tower application and infrastructure monitoring (e.g., APM and ITOA Event Correlation Tools, AppDynamics, Splunk, Netscout nGeniusOne vScouts, Moogsoft, SAP EEM, etc,).
• Experience analyzing transaction and infrastructure metrics to identify application degradation causes.
• Experience determining baselines and implement alerting conditions.