Operates the company's internal data communications systems. Establishes and maintains network performance by troubleshooting network problems. Acts as an internal subject matter expert.
This position is responsible for the architectural design as well as provide level 3 support to Zebra's global voice infrastructure. This position will also mentor junior members of the network team to continue to improve the overall voice support capabilities.
• Plans, designs and implements local, wide-area network and telecom solutions for complex issues between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP).
• Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods.
• Troubleshoots network and telecom issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers and switches.
• Works on complex project implementation.
• Conducts network architecture design, feasibility, project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
• Drafts proposals and provides training to less experienced professionals.
• Partners with internal and external clients working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
• Manages function specific or company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
• Provides guidance to other less experienced professionals
• Preferred Education:
o Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced Degree preferred.
• Preferred Work Experience (years):
o Minimum of 8-12 years of experience
• Key Skills and Competencies:
o Strong communication skills to effectively work with others
o Demonstrated ability to solve end user issues
o Advanced technical experience
o Ability to mentor team members
o Managing complex issues and applying root cause analysis
o Expert knowledge of applicable IT systems/applications
o Ability to implement new systems and tools
o Experience managing IT documentation processes
o Advanced analytical skills
o Advanced demonstration of project managing IT solutions
o Manages in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
o Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
o Proven record of designing, troubleshooting, operating and improving
§ Complex large enterprise networks
§ Large regional, national, or international carrier-grade SIP VoIP networks
§ Large regional, national, or international Internet backbone or IP service provider access networks
o Expertise in TCP/IP networking (including LAN, WAN and WLAN).
o Savvy understanding of telephony, network, and routing protocols - SIP, T1, PRO, RTP, RTCP, DNS, DHCP, DSCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
o Expertise in SIP & VoIP systems
o Must have recent hands-on technical experience conducting troubleshooting to solve installation and break/fix issues associated with Voice and/or Video over IP products and integrating these components within heterogeneous network environments involving legacy PBX systems and the PSTN.
o A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of carrier-grade VoIP infrastructure, specifically:
§ Significant hosted PBXs platforms
§ End point devices (Polycom, Cisco SPA and ATA, etc.)
o Strong hands-on working knowledge of Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, and Adtran routers, etc., and switches
§ Must have experience reviewing Ethernet packet captures (e.g. tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark), studying network traffic flows and reading interface statistics to identify network connectivity and performance problems affecting Voice and Video over IP communications.
§ Experience modifying firewall rule sets and/or effectively communicating firewall rule changes to ensure multimedia applications are capable of successfully traversing across firewalls is a plus.
§ Able to create and modify security policies on routers, switches, and firewalls