Position: Quality Assurance Engineer I
Location: El Paso, TX 79907
Duration – 6+ months (possible extension)
Job code - 17765
****The company are the distribution center to the manufacturing site in Juarez, Mexico it is desirable that the candidates have some Spanish knowledge, willingness to come to the Juarez site occasionally is desirable also.******
JOB TYPE: QA LEAD ENGINEER
Function: Quality Family: Quality Assurance Band: LPB
The Quality Assurance Lead Engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing and/or engineering process support in accordance with documented procedures and practices. The QA Lead Engineer is a key technical role responsible for the development, implementation, improvement and continuous reinforcement of established Quality Assurance fundamental practices that are utilized in the local business. The role involves hands-on work in the areas of design, design transfer, manufacturing, distribution, and service.
The QA Lead Engineer may lead programs and initiatives and/or have responsibility for coaching more junior engineers
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Responsible for ensuring 100 percent quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency at the site.
• Develops process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, etc.
• Ensures process efficiency and compliance effectiveness through the development and implementation of process verification and validation plans, including Master Validation Plans (Site Level), Validation Master Plans (Product or Process specific plans), and the development of simple yet detailed process flow diagrams that describe critical process interdependencies with respect to process inputs, outputs, risks and impacts.
• Supports continuous product and process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances, and investigates, develops and implements effective and compliant solutions for product or process corrections, retrospective and remediation action plans, and for corrective and preventive actions (CAPA Program).
• Develops risk management tools and aids for use by the organization in accordance with documented procedures, including but not limited to PFMEA, DFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Analysis, etc. Supports design mitigation efforts. Develops process mitigation plans and strategies that are designed to mitigate the risks identified through the Risk Management process.
• Ensures process compliance through the development of simple yet comprehensive procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets, and other product and process related documentation.
• Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product and process design as assigned by the departmental manager.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
1. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
2. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and support corrective actions
1. Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree with 5 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance experience in addition to any other experience requirements).
2. Demonstrated understanding or aptitude to understand Medical Device QMS requirements and regulatory requirements including but not limited to FDA CFR 21 820 and ISO 13485.
3. Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, process verification and validation methodologies, manufacturing / production process control methodologies, and servicing in a medical device environment.
4. Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; & product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, DFR, etc.
5. Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
6. Significant Multi-Modality Sites: Minimum 5 years Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
7. Small and Simple Sites: Minimum 4 years Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies & in-depth understanding of site level products & related processes
2. Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills
3. Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy under crisis situations to ensure compliance
4. Change agent with energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change
5. Exceptional analytical, problem solving & root-cause analysis skills
6. Ability to multi-task & handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
7. External Focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, & the competitive landscape in the industry/function & considering the external impact of business activities & decisions on the external environment
8. Clear thinker: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed & accuracy based on best available information & communicating priorities clearly & concisely
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560