Duration: 12 months
Location: Portland, Oregon 97232
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Authorize purchases on behalf of the company.
• Purchase warehouse stock and direct buy materials to support plants as assigned.
• Ensure all procurements are made in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
• Assist with developing procurement objectives that support the overall procurement strategy as well as business, commercial, and technical requirements that support the business needs.
• Apply and implement identified domestic and international sourcing procurement and practices.
• Maintain network of suppliers to ensure timely purchases and deliveries.
• Negotiate costs for materials and services.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year supply chain, logistics, accounting, finance, or equivalent experience. Master’s or other advance degree in supply chain management or a related field may be substituted in lieu of experience.
• Basic knowledge of supply chain methodologies, models, and procedures.
• Hands-on on experience in sourcing power plant or industrial components and services.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentation applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of an organization, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to individually problem solve, prioritize work assigned, and communicate to stakeholders.
• Two-three years of supply chain experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• General knowledge of SAP procurement modules or other ERP.
• Knowledge and experience in the electric utility industry.
• Knowledge of company and organizational policies, procedures, and practices as well as equipment, materials, and service purchases, reliable sources of supply; local, state, federal laws, and regulat