Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a RF Field Engineer, this position will be responsible for the FSS process of RF studies pertaining to his/her service territory; furthermore the responsibilities include operations and maintenance scheduling, customer interface, sub-contractors, network deployment, optimization, and customer acceptance. This position does require travel, as much as 80% around the Philadelphia area. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
· Responsible for overall planning and execution of all FlexNet deployments projects employing generally accepted Sensus process.
· Will interact with the Sales and Marketing group, business development, hardware and software engineering and project managers and AMI customer base to solidify Sensus as well as customer’s business needs are being met.
· Will interact with all levels of the customer organization, supervise on-site Sensus personnel and coordinate the activities of corporate, sub-contractors and customer personnel assigned to the project.
· Will schedule and conduct periodic reviews of and impose schedule maintenance and operational test to ensure system performance
· Will develop topic for and conducts routine meeting with Sensus to help solidify project versus actual field performance
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work related experience including AMI/AMR, military, cellular industry
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential
· The ability to work under pressure and provide high quality solution to problems; must be able to work independently and function well as part of a team internally as well as externally.
· Must be completely literate in with all MS suite applications, general computer skills, and be able to type efficiently, Spreadsheets, Graphs and Analyses of project related information.
· Mapping software experience such as MapInfo, Streets & Trips, Delorme would be a plus
· Propagation analysis experience such as Techwizard, Vertical Mapper, Planet EV would be a plus
· This position does require travel, as much as 80%