To analyze and reconcile specific client claims disbursement accounts; to identify items requiring research and resolution; to provide problem resolution to clients, local offices, and other banking staff; and to provide guidance and direction to banking analysts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and reconciles bank statements to transaction registers for specific client.
- Provides support and problem resolution to clients, local offices, and other banking staff; answers calls for problem resolution.
- Responsible for notification and mailing of bank reconciliation to clients and local offices.
- Reconciles refunds; recovers deposits.
- Analyzes reports to identify reconciliation issues.
- Determines and initiates corrective action between banks, clients and local offices.
- Assists with close-out files on bank reconciliation.
- Analyzes outstanding check report; identifies outstanding check issues and submits to local office for resolution.
- Responsible for cancelled check storage.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Accounting courses completed at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Three (3) years accounting or related business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.