Title: Network Engineer
Location: Rye Brook, NY 10573
Duration: 6 Months
The Network Engineer role is to plan, install, configure, administer and, troubleshoot network and security Infrastructure including tasks involving CEM business partners. The infrastructure includes networkswitches, routers, firewalls and network appliances and is primarily Cisco Networks devices. The successful candidate must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and the user community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install, configure, administer and maintain all network infrastructures.
· Provide level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
· Engineer, document and implement LAN, WAN, WLAN solutions.
· Monitor systems health and coordinate repair with vendors of all systems, appliances and devices.
· Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the infrastructure and IT global systems.
· Provide input to approve purchase of supplier equipment in order to meet operational requirements for the business
· Participate in system acceptance testing and change management process.
· Log, handle and close all problem tickets within the HelpDesk portal.
· Develop operating procedures to support the Sensus global operations.
· Oversee operational related projects and project portfolio.
· Perform rigorous problem root cause analysis, focusing on lessons learned to improve processes.
· Participate in an on-call rotation schedules.
· Analytical decision making
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Cross-Boundary collaboration
· Design Excellence
· Managing Change
· Planning & prioritizing work
· Project management
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Sciences, Systems Engineering or related major.
· Equivalent of 5-8 years of relevant experience installing and maintaining network systems defined by job posting.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Working experience and understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
· Working experience and understanding of dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP).
· Working experience and understanding in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, etc.
· Excellent technical abilities and working experience of Cisco network infrastructure.
· Knowledge of wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers.
· Preferred experience in network load balancers.
· Project management skills, ability to manage time and complex tasks, and working knowledge of SLAs and Metrix.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectivity with a wide range of constituencies to communicate technical information and non-technical personnel.
· Physical Demands
· Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
· Frequently required to communicate orally.
· Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
· Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Will require travel to project sites.
· Work may require lifting less than 50 lbs.
· Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.