Duration: : Direct Hire
Location: San Jose, CA 95002
The Senior Software Engineer - Applications will be responsible for software engineering activities related to the Mindray ultrasound system. In this role, this person will perform requirement analysis, design and implementation of the software. The person will also be responsible for design documentation, unit testing and debugging of the software in accordance to design control processes.
· Perform software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
· Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
· Develop object-oriented software using C++ and software engineering best practices
· Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
· BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
· 5-10 years industry experience
· Programming expertise in C/C++
· Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
· Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
· Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
· Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL or OpenCL) is highly desired.
· Embedded Linux development experience
Skills and Abilities:
· Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
· Must have team and goal-oriented mindset
· He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
· Must be detail oriented with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
· PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.