Location: Colorado Springs CO 80921
Duration: 8+ Months Contract (Until the Year)
· To perform numerous tasks involving the use of machine shop equipment which may include but not limited to lathes, mills, drills, grinders, etc. to produce tools, fixtures and production parts for manufacturing products.
· This equipment may be used in the fabrication, assembly, maintenance, and repair of a variety of metal parts and tools.
· A Machinist must employ a high degree of accuracy and precision in performing work according to instructions and specifications. Assignments are received in the form of oral instructions, penciled layouts, blueprints, sketches, and by reference to worn or broken parts. Work methods and procedures are determined by the employee, but the work is subject to inspection during process and upon completion for quality and conformity with requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Machines tools, fixtures, and complete repairs for production.
· Fabricates, maintains, and repairs metal objects through the operation of lathes, shapers, planers, milling machines, drill presses, hydraulic presses, and similar equipment.
· Measures work carefully by using precision tools such as a micrometer.
· Performs milling and lathe work on equipment.
· Be able to use, adjust, clean, and store tools, machinery, and equipment of the machinist's trade
· Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
· Maintain, clean and organize machine shop.
· Operates bead blast equipment as necessary.
· Be able to visualize parts or equipment that need to be made from rough sketches and oral instructions.
· Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
· Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
· Make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of a control mechanism (Examples: operating dials or pedals).
· Make skillful, controlled manipulations of small objects (examples: working with very small drills and micrometers).
· Coordinate the movement of more than one limb simultaneously (example: operating the milling table vertically and horizontally).
· Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
· Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time.
· Other job duties as required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
· Machine Shop Equipment and Tooling
· Three years of experience as a skilled machinist and completion of a recognized machinist apprenticeship program or
· Five years of experience as a skilled machinist
· Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
· Must be able to fluently read and speak English.
· Must be able to produce precision parts from a variety of materials.
· Interpret blue prints and instruction manuals.
· Must be able to use micrometers, calipers, and related measuring equipment.
· Must be knowledgeable in job related materials such as the tools, materials, methods, and standard practices of the machinist's trade
· Lifting objects up to 50 pounds may be required
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055