Analytical Lab Tech
Duration: 9 months
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Performs analytical measurements and collaborates on design/development of analytical methods/experimental protocol as required to support R&D platform research.
• Responsible for the use and application of a variety of analytical instrumentation to support food product and process development. Specific instrumentation to include colorimeter, conductivity meter, pH meter, and various other analytical techniques related to color. Knowledge and comfort of use with HPLC is necessary. Knowledge with preparative HPLC and Agilent equipment a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and lab skills necessary to critically read and perform documented analytical procedures. Implements appropriate method modifications as required.
• Works with Analytical Laboratory Technician(s) and Analytical Scientist(s) in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
• Conducts additional laboratory procedures (analytical / standard preparation / sample preparation / shelf life protocol) depending on project demands as directed by an Analytical Laboratory Technician or Analytical Scientist.
• Frequently resolves and or notes - inconsistent or atypical results in an independent manner or with minimal supervisor assistance.
• Evaluates ongoing project laboratory needs on a daily basis. Schedules time
and general-use lab equipment to meet project timelines.
• Maintains documentation of analytical results in a company issued notebook and/or a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) depending on project format.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and necessary supplies (e.g. instrumentation, chemicals, solvents, gases, glassware).
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
• An understanding of basic analytical chemistry.
• Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) systems.
• Excellent practical laboratory skills. Ability to troubleshoot and maintain complex analytical instrumentation.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of the following: Computers, Spreadsheet software (MS Excel preferred), and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). High performance Liquid Chromatography is a must.
• Good organizational skills to adapt to fluctuating workloads while maintaining appropriate attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established laboratory safety procedures, to maintain accurate records, and to clearly and accurately read and write and transcribe data and analytical chemistry literature.
• Good communications skills – verbal and written communication.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices
• Hands-on experience with running analytical instrumentation specifically HPLC (analytical and Preparative)
• Knowledge in the use and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
• 0-3 years experience in a technical field within the analytical chemistry industry