Below are the Job Details
Title: System Engineer 3
Duration: 5 Months
Work Location: New York, NY USA 10018
The ideal candidate is part of a team responsible for system maintenance, development, and creation of tools to improve productivity and simplify the deployment of complex control systems. You will contribute to new designs, create software and hardware specifications, schematics and design documents in general. You should also have a sense of ownership through all stages of a project up to and including final customer review and sign-off. You will leverage your experience and make recommendations related to productivity, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction. There is a customer facing component to the role, and you will conduct knowledge transfer activities for processes, applications and products. While this is primarily a system engineering role, there may also be an opportunity to develop software that will be deployed on client's systems.
Further detailed requirements:
· Be able to respond to emergency production concerns, occasionally in off hours, that will involve some or all of the following:
o Analyze and mitigate performance issues or unusual system behavior, including issues that involve interaction between multiple system components
o Asses the severity and impact of incidents
o Communicate to the customer during all stages of incidents
o Fix root causes in the source code or configuration
o Use a combination of manual pages and reverse engineering to understand the system behavior
o Assist the customer to implement monitoring and measures to improve the stability of the system
· Understand C, C++, Java, python and shell scripts, and be able to program in one of these
· Be familiar with a range of debugging tools for Unix such as: dtrace, strace, gdb, mdb.
· Be familiar with the Unix shell.
· Experience with a version control system. Ability to learn git in depth, if this is not what you use already.
· Exposure to relational databases & PL/SQL, and basic Oracle database architecture
· Great knowledge of Unix operating system intern