The Special Loans Department administers the complicated details of non-fixed rate loan products such as adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs), Daily Simple Interest (DSI) loans, Balloon loans, and modifications, among others. Special Loans Coordinators support the Special Loans Department to ensure efficient and timely completion of departmental tasks and goals. The Coordinator must be detail-oriented and able to work under pressure on a variety of tasks, including research and resolution of escalated/priority requests and project tasks, under the supervision of the Special Loans Team Lead and Supervisor. Coordinators perform all technical and accounting activities for special loans to ensure high quality service, as outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responds to borrower questions/correspondence regarding Special Loan products;
• Researches servicing histories and setup of ARM, DSI, and modified loans, collects supporting documentation, and assists in preparing audit responses; analyzes exception reports and clears exceptions by researching and correcting errors
• Monitors the status of ARM loans; assists in resolving servicing transfer/loan setup issues; researches ARM loan payment histories;
• Audits ARM Change Notifications prior to mailing;
• Reviews and processes modification requests;
• Conducts special projects as assigned by Special Loans Managements;
• Supports management in achieving goals and improving the efficiency/productivity of the department; and,
• Completes miscellaneous tasks as necessary or required.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong knowledge of standard mortgage closing documents, security instruments, modification documents, and title policies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in the mortgage industry.
• Experience with MSP/LPS/BKFS Mortgage Servicing Platform highly desirable.
• ARM/payment research experience is highly desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
No requirements or preferences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.