Job Title - Senior Systems Automation Engineer
Job Location – Murrysville PA
Length – Contract (8 Months+)
The selected candidate will be developing tools and systems that support constructing and updating Philips’s flagship patient management systems. This includes automating tests and deployments, building new solutions and dynamically provisioning Philips infrastructure to meet demand.
In this pivotal role, the selected Systems Engineer will be part of a DevOps team dedicated to creating a significant gain in the process cycle time in application deployment and upgrade. There will be many complex challenges that will require creative problem solving while working with a cutting edge landscape with various platforms and technologies. The final milestone will be enabling an entire development organization to build and deploy autonomously using the tooling and patterns this DevOps team will construct and evolve.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work collaboratively across cross-functional organizations to automate and streamline operations and processes for Engineering, QA, testing, performance, etc.
• Identify automation opportunities and implement the automated solution
• Develop reliable, modular, reusable tooling that easily deploys Philips software on on-premises and cloud platforms
• Build and maintain configuration tools for deployment, monitoring and operations to support our internal infrastructure with tools such as Ansible and Terraform
• Build, deploy and maintain a multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service offering
• Work within a complex and rapidly evolving AWS environment
• Migrate from bash-based scripting to industry standard IaC tooling
Qualifications and Skills
• 7+ plus years of Engineering or relevant experience
• Strong experience with IT Automation technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef and/or Puppet.
• Fluency in Python and Java
• Well versed with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins and GitLab
• Well versed with containerization technologies such as Docker and AWS ECS.
• Experience with build, deploy, and release engineering
• Experience with Cloud Foundry PaaS a plus
• Experience deploying applications under a Linux and Windows environments
APN Software Service INC