Location: Santa Monica, CA
Duration: 6 Months+
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated line of business. The position serves as a consultant to management and employees on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as a company champion for both management and employees and a change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
1. Conducts meetings with respective business units.
2. Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
3. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
4. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
5. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
6. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
7. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
8. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
9. Consults on compensation for new hires, promotions and transfers.
10. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
11. Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
12. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
1. Proven experience in managing employee relations.
2. Experience in organizational effectiveness and organization change processes.
3. Relationship and People skills.
4. Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
5. Consultancy skills, specifically diagnosis and contracting.
6. Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
7. Solutions orientation balanced with delivery focus.
8. Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills within a process environment.
9. Can take employee feedback and identify trends and themes, develop interventions and engage senior stakeholders behind required action.
10. Can develop plans and take through to action – engaging relevant stakeholders and managing expectations around timing, process etc.
11. Prioritization. Ability to prioritize and