Payroll Assistant (2 Job Openings)
Duration: 2-3 months contract
Location: 63 STONE ST ROCHESTER NY 14604
Responsible for responding to employee questions and inquiries about their time entry and payroll policies. This position provides assistance with paychecks and time entry and approval. Prepares appropriate documentation and processes necessary paperwork.
• Use procedures, policy manuals, knowledge-base and other reference materials to assist in answering customer (employee/manager/HR) inquiries and resolving customer issues
• Forward customer inquiries to Tier 2 reps and/or vendors when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required
• Document all customer inquiries, issues and transactions
• Recognize unusual events or consistent problem areas and work with Payroll leadership to resolve
• Work as a team member focusing on customer service
• Provide recommendations or suggest methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies
• Assist with the implementation of programs, policies, and services provided by the company by acting as the customer’s first line of contact
• Perform reviews of Frequently Asked Questions and New Policy and Procedure lists to identify steps needed to answer customer inquiries
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Experience & Education
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field is preferred and/or two (2) years relevant experience.
• 0-2 years of relevant administrative, human resources and/or customer service experience is required.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures regarding Payroll
• Strong communication skills at all levels – including written and oral
• Strong technical acumen – ability to manage multiple systems
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong process skills (process-oriented)
• Ability to manage deadlines and time constraints
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to work well independently and be part of a team environment
• Ability to follow standard procedures and scripts