Use ArcGIS and ArcFM as well as a custom application to identify, configure, and transform distribution data.
• Read and interpret electrical utility asset information to enter, edit, and update spatial and tabular data.
• Maintain the accuracy of the GIS database(s), technical files, and documentation.
• Ensure quality, meet timelines, and coordinate with supervisor and trainers to resolve data issues.
• Complete data conversion, digitizing, spatial data editing, attribute editing, data validation and maintenance of digital infrastructure spatial data and related attribute information.
• Analyze data and perform QC/QA related activities, standards enforcement, and data validation.
• Progress tracking and reporting
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Technical certification or equivalent in drafting, GIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of three years of related experience working in a fast paced, high volume production environment using ArcGIS.
• Experience working with and ability to read and understand electrical one lines, schematics, as well as transmission plan and profile drawings.
• Knowledge of basic electrical distribution power systems and utility network connectivity.
• Knowledge of utility engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
• Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
• Understanding of company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information System (GIS), Natural Resources, Geography or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with ArcGIS 10.x and ArcFM
• Experience working with and maintaining networked utility data.
• Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.