Labor Data & Reporting Specialist: Job Description
1. Position Summary:
This job is responsible for manual compilation of Labor Productivity reporting packages and performing data extraction and downloads from various operational systems and reports across the Customer Services landscape and manipulating/formatting the data to use for reporting.
• Creating/compiling reporting packages used in quarterly Labor Productivity meetings
• Use work instructions to download/extract data from systems including custom business applications, reporting systems, SAP etc.
• Consolidate and cleanup/reformat extracted data using Microsoft office tools like Excel
• Document data extract instruction changes
This may involve working with Philips internal business process owners, business SME's (i.e. subject matter experts) and business analysts/project managers.
This position requires little supervision and should be able to follow pre-documented work instructions and other inputs from business analysts/project managers who have needs for specific data downloads on an ongoing basis.
2. Key Responsibilities/Duties:
• Use standard work to generate quarterly and adhoc reporting packages in MS Power Point
• Use work instructions to download/extract data from operational business systems including (but not limited to) custom business applications/tools, SAP, Sales Force, reporting systems etc.
• Consolidate and cleanup/reformat data using Microsoft office tools like Excel and provide formatted data extracts to load into a database repository
• Keep data download/extract work instructions document up to date
• Monitor and complete all data extracts/downloads or adhoc data requests in a timely manner and on an expected schedule, communicating any challenges/roadblocks
• Perform data quality reviews on reports and extracted data using standard validation instructions
• Create simple manual reports in Excel using specified work instructions and distribute as needed
• Interface with other analysts/project managers on the team and other departments to ensure data requests are completed as desired
• Other tasks as assigned by manager
3. Job Requirements:
• Familiarity with SAP (preferred but not required)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include working with Excel data manipulation features
• Ability to follow detailed work instructions and possess problem-solving, some data analytical skills
• Understand and be able to manipulate data to file specifications for submission of data to clients or internal business units
• Ability to export data from SAP into multiple data sources
• Motivated, self-starter with good communication and interaction skills
• Detail oriented and ability to maintain data standards and must display a high level of quality in all areas of responsibilities
Education & Years of Experience:
• An Associate’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in technical/ business related field is preferred.
• 3+ years of applicable work experience
• Working knowledge of SAP or any ERP System is preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Power Point