Duration: 6+ months
Location; Everett WA 98203
Are you an experienced API developer who can deliver high-performance, intuitive API design and implementation?
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented software engineer to assist in designing and creating the next generation of internal and external APIs to provision, manage, and deliver services to our subscribers.
Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Feature implementation: building new features and enhancements.
• Maintenance: investigate, troubleshoot, and implement fixes for bugs across all systems and tiers
• Architecture: participate in technical design of new and existing features
• Requirements analysis: consume non-technical user stories, providing feedback when necessary, translating into technical documentation, and/or using as a basis for implementation
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Degree in Computer Science
• 3-5+ years of progressive technical experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Hands-on experience delivering high-scale service-oriented architecture architecting including, but not limited to, SOAP and/or REST web services with strong preference for WebAPI experience.
• Microsoft .NET Framework.
• Proficiency with C#, Web API 2, Entity Framework.
• Must be a self-starter, needing little direction and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment.
Skills and Experience:
• 5-7+ years of progressive technical experience
• SQL Server/T-SQL/No Sql experience.
• Working knowledge of .Net Core 1.x & 2.0
• Strong experience and belief in writing clean / SOLID / DRY code and relentless refactoring
• Experience in an agile and scrum environment, working in cross functioning teams and writing and estimating user stories.
• Experience with Test Driven Development, Gherkin and Cucumber as a unit test strategy.
• Strong Team player - pair programming (including cross discipline QA & HTML), strong collaboration & team ownership.
• Accountable & Dependable - do whatever is needed to complete tasks, stories and sprints on time. Follow through every time.
• Experience with a continuous integration environment.
• Experience with Team Foundation System or similar source control system such as git.
Impact and Influence
• Demonstrated passion for learning and bringing new technologies and practices to a team
• Experience participating in building, growing and mentoring a team.
• Experience delivering high quality code through the product lifecycle in large company.
• Driving change across a diverse set of partner teams at varying levels of seniority and technical depth.
• Knowledge and experience designing microservices and distributed computation
• Great problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent contributor on the assigned team, striving to reach highest standards of software engineering every day
• Demonstrable software architecture and strong software design skills
• Track record of shipping high volume web experiences
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: (W) 510-402-4703.