The Data Center Technician’s role is to install, cable, configure, maintain, tune, and optimize Linux systems servers and other infrastructure components to achieve high availability and performance of the Oracle Cloud environment.
· Rack, cable and configure server hardware and other appliances
· Connect and configure System and Networking devices
· Hands-on repair of equipment; swapping HDDs, power supplies and DIMMs along with
other server components
· Shipping and receiving of computer equipment
· Inventory management controls (Scanning, reconciliation, EMDS)
· Monitor and test system power usage and provide reports on power consumption.
· Maintain inventory of spare parts, servers and other miscellaneous gear
· Documentation of servers and appliances within the cabinets
· Troubleshoot offline/downed server issues
· Manage inbound/outbound shipping tickets
· Reallocate and decommission servers
· Installation of System I/O cards
· Configure ILOM server configs for remote access
· Maintain service tickets (Jira) within your designated queue
· Attend weekly project and team meetings
· Assist various teams in troubleshooting hardware and software problems to resolution
· Comply with the cloud security media policy guidelines
· Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database
administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability
· Follow corporate and datacenter policies, and procedures.
· 5-10 years’ experience in network cabling meeting with datacenter standards
· Telcom cabling experience a plus
· College diploma or university degree in the field of business information systems a
plus or equivalent work experience.
· Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols
· Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards, including Fiber
· Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Travel between multiple Oracle collocations required (local)
· Emergency on-call availability