Duration: 7 months
Summer internship positions
This rotational assignment is working as a Manufacturing Engineer in the Gas Turbine Repair manufacturing area. The responsibility would be to support all Repair Departments including Stationary Components, Rotating Components, Inspect & Advise (I&A), and Thermal Spray.
The primary responsibilities of this assignment are to work with the Engineers, Supervisors, and Manufacturing Operators to understand specific process details, and review the current process flow and determine potential areas for improvement. There will be a heavy focus on process improvements, using Continuous Improvement and/or LEAN Manufacturing tools. The ability to communicate clearly with all individuals involved, as well as define and manage project activities is critical.
Additionally, this assignment will focus on improving documentation to support all activities. This includes creating or revising Work Instructions, Key Cards, and Standard Work information to support production. The ability to develop and communicate the information by working with the team is key to improvements in production.
Finally, this assignment will be an opportunity to explore other development areas within manufacturing, including R&D, Technology Development, and Programming. Continuously looking at ways to improve not only our current processes, but develop advanced and future processes is key to our business.
• Industrial or Mechanical Engineering experience
• Project planning – alignment of tasks and follow through
• Communication – status updates to team and direction to employees as a part of improvement projects
Key Working Relationships:
• Daily working interface with Engineers, Supervisors, and Repair Operators – shop operations
• Project review interface with Manufacturing Engineers
• Review of project status and actions with Supervision and Management