The Service Repair Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, and repairing complex medical equipment. The candidate will be distinguished by their ability to gain technical expertise, apply problem solving abilities and their resourcefulness in diagnosing and repairing equipment. This proficiency will be combined with timeliness, reliable follow through in repairing equipment.
This position also provides opportunities for hands-on failure analysis of returned parts, repair, and testing of assemblies as well as a lab.
· Diagnose and repair electronic assemblies to the board or component level.
· Strong mechanical aptitude for assembly/disassembly of complex medical equipment.
· Perform Ultrasound System testing following the written test procedure.
· Perform system and module performance tests.
· Run scripts or other manual procedures to verify module performance
· Work with internal groups (SW and HW engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Operations, as well as Marketing) to address customer questions and issues.
· Must understand and always complete Device History Records promptly for all systems procedure.
· Must understand and be able to follow ISO and FDA procedures.
· Identify product defects and follow proper escalation procedures when appropriate
· Create, and maintain documentation, process standards, and service information
· High School diplomas or equivalent required, with AS degree in Electronic Technology or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
· 2-4 years of experience service repair operations is a plus.
· Strong methodical/scientific approach to troubleshooting.
· Self-motivated; works effectively with minimal supervision.
· Team-oriented individual with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
· He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately with a strong attention to detail.
· Proficiency with computers and working knowledge of software tools such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Device Programmers etc. are required.
· Ultrasound experience a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
· Work is generally performed within warehouse environment, with standard office equipment available. There are some hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 60% of the time. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, also routinely push and pull up to 30 lbs. No travel required. Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed to meet business demands.
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-857-5861 | Fax 510-623-5055 | email@example.com
“Certified Small and Minority Business”
“Ranked Top 50 Organizations for Diversity”
“Ranked Top 2011 Diversity Business”
Networks | Healthcare IT | Wireless | Telecommunications | ERP & CRM | E Commerce | Web 2.0