Duration: 0-9 month(s)
Location: Austin, TX 78753
The Workstation team is looking for an AIC (Add-In Card) Engineer that will be responsible for the design and development activities associated with Add-in cards used within workstation and desktop products. You will serves as a resource for all aspects of the engineering solution and work with the engineering extended teams. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
Day to Day Activities
• Designs and defines system requirements for Add-in Card systems, and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing solutions.
• Determines specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and/or the integration of total systems or multiple functions.
• Ensures the manufacturability, reliability and serviceability of designs.
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
• Documents results in technical reports, white papers and online web pages.
• Ensures assignments are completed within schedule and cost objectives.
• Responsible for the end-to-end ownership of assigned device(s).
• Drives root cause analysis and coordinates efforts to solve issues including complex issues.
• Interface w/suppliers, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, quality, tooling engineering and other development groups to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
• Play a key role in development of the preliminary BOM, cost targets, development plan. Support other areas in their initial work on project planning documents.
• Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience and a BSEE/BSCS or 2+ years of relevant experience and an MSEE/MSCS
• Experience in hardware or embedded system design, implementation, and debugging with, operating systems, and I/O subsystems
• Familiar with many IO technologies, such as Serial/Parallel ports, Thunderbolt technology, Networking, USB, and 1394,
• Ability to make risk calls, priority decisions, and work through others
• Strong organization and communication skills in multi-discipline environment
• Familiar with oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and JTAG debugger
• Familiar with reading schematics, schematic entry and layout tools
• Familiar with Windows 10 and Windows 7 OS as well as Linux OS