Job title – Agile Coach
Duration: 12 months
Location: Murrysville PA
This position will be part of a software development team that commercializes computer applications that are used by patients, clinicians, and therapists to analyze and evaluate data that is collected by medical devices that treat obstructive sleep apnea and respiratory disorders. These software applications are mobile, web, and PC-based and are used by external customers to manage patient data, to evaluate the effectiveness of therapy in improving the patient’s quality of life, and to generate reports for doctors, insurance companies, etc. as an integral part of the treatment and reimbursement workflow.
This candidate will promote agile practices and act as an effective change agent for agile teams to improve development productivity and quality through improved agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise.
The candidate will perform (but not be limited to) the following responsibilities:
• Provides hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of agile development practices to increase productivity and the delivery of high quality agile releases.
• Proactively identifies process risks and impediments, champions process improvement initiatives to address, and leads the necessary change management to realize their benefits.
• Pairs with other team, program and enterprise leaders to lead continuous improvement initiatives, carefully evaluating the cost of adoption versus the potential benefits/savings
• Drives process-related decisions when difficult tradeoffs must be made; serves as role model for navigating problems with analytical approach and calming demeanor; applies practical thinking when evaluating solutions, especially in ambiguous or fluid situations
• Coaches multiple teams simultaneously by directly observing team activities, guiding them through Scrum and SAFe events, and providing general and role-based training and coaching.
• Works closely with program and enterprise leaders to mature agile practices and adoption
• Defines and collects project and iteration metrics and ensures their effective and consistent radiation across the program, enterprise, and organization
• Understands and applies agile and lean principles as appropriate
• Advocates and educates senior management and internal/external stakeholders on our agile development frameworks that encourages alignment and shared understanding of our ways-of-working
• Actively participates in Philips Corporate process initiatives to advocate for Agile and Lean ways-of-working
• Actively participates in local and national agile communities to understand industry trends and best practices that may be applied to our organization’s development practices
• Effectively coaches a distributed team across multiple geographies, leveraging video and audio conferencing technology to ensure successful collaboration and engagement
• Serves in team roles as needed to support the SAFe enterprise development framework and Scrum software development process
• Fosters alignment, accountability, and collaborative ways of working across the enterprise
• Creates and maintains an innovative work environment that encourages teamwork, agility, and individual contributions
• Bachelor of Science in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline, required. Masters of Science or Business, preferred
• Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified (or Advanced Certified) Scrum Master (CSM/A-CSM), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification, required
• A minimum of 6 years’ professional experience serving as an agile coach or directly leading, developing and launching new commercial software offerings (as opposed to internal corporate IT applications), required
• Direct experience utilizing an integrated product development process including marketing, engineering, testing, and operational functions, required
• Demonstrated experience in the following:
Leading technical teams, required
Evaluating, developing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, required
Serving in roles that support Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe software development processes/frameworks, required
Developing meaningful metrics, effectively radiating them to an enterprise organization
• Experience coaching at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies, preferred
• Ability to effectively lead and manage within a matrix organization, required
• Strong written and oral communication skills, required
• Experience leading a geographically distributed team, preferred
• Direct experience with FDA Requirements (including safety and regulatory testing) and their application within a medical product development environment, preferred
Travel %: Candidates must be able to travel occasionally.
APN Software Service INC