Location: Chicago, IL or Springdale, AR
Duration: 6 Months
This is a contractor position and will lead the Human Resources category while the current team lead is out. During this time, this role is responsible for leading procurement projects and strategies for multiple categories in the Human Resources space (including Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Talent, and Culture), with a focus on balancing superior service to HR clients with maximized value for the company of services purchased.
Key competency expectations which can be executed with limited guidance:
- Procurement category knowledge and experience in a wide spectrum of HR areas a must. This includes: RFP experience within HR (consulting, benefit market checks, HRIS systems, etc.); Contracting experience specifically related to compensation and benefits category; supplier management experience; HR Industry knowledge of suppliers and best practices.
- The ability to deeply understand and utilize most procurement processes, tools, and systems, execute & oversee lifecycle management process, be a proven expert in category planning, development & execution, as well as ability to achieve tangible results in competitive and non-competitive supplier negotiations both directly and as a coach to others.
- Effective project management acumen and experience.
- Comprehend and draw insights from most financial data, statements, and models.
- Execute complex contracts in accordance with policies and processes.
- Rigorously identify, prioritize, mitigate, and monitor risks.
- Write effective business communications independently and adjusts style for intended audience. Effectively present own work in both informal and formal settings.
- Assesses the viability, stability, and profitability of complex initiatives / projects
Education: Bachelor's degree, Master’s Degree a plus in business administration, finance, economics, or supply chain management preferred.
Experience: 3+ years of procurement experience in related HR field category focus areas as listed above with 7-10 years of general procurement experience. Familiarity with business and contract law as applied to supplier relationships required. Exposure to global sourcing is a plus.
Computer Skills: Standard computer skills; experience in spreadsheet, database and statistical analysis are necessary.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; formal presentations are required.
Special Skills: Strong negotiating skills; ability to multi-task, attention to detail, organized; exemplary customer service skills; judgment to handle confidential information and challenging business situations; ability to lead and influence others; effective and proven strategic planning, project management, problem solving, leadership and team building skills.