Position: Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer 1
Location: Tualatin, OR 97062
Duration – 10+ months Contract (Potential hire)
Job Code - SIMNJP00048830
TPE Manufacturing Engineer 1
We are currently seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer at our Tualatin, OR facility to support the manufacturing of DC traction power rail electrification equipment and supporting components. Primary responsibilities are to improve the production process, reduce the cost of manufacturing, and increase the quality of manufactured equipment.
· Creates Manufacturing Documentation Packages for use by production floor, including SolidWorks 2D
drawings, wire lists, Bill of Materials
· Creates and modifies SolidWorks 3D models
· Reviews and redlines electrical schematics
· Tests and troubleshoots manufactured equipment
· Performs QC inspections as necessary
· Assists in identifying, analyzing, and implementing manufacturing cost reduction initiatives
· Assists in developing and implementing routine performance measurement and improvement initiatives
· Assists with routine inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials and facilities
· Provides assistance in planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accidental prevention measures to
maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources
· Designs manufacturing flows for build products inserting QC and data acquisition and control points.
· Occasionally train bay leads and floor technicians in product functions and applications.
· Provides assistance in activities for the development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing processes and equipment
· Reports to Operations Manager, under the manufacturing section of the Turnkey Projects and Electrification division
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Must have Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
· Approximately 2 year experience with DC switchgear design and manufacturing
· Experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering
· Experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
· Able to read/understand wiring schematics
· Able to translate material requirements from electrical schematics and mechanical models.
· Good communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
· Able to effectively work as an individual and as a member of a team
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in automation of test processes (S/W and H/W)
· Experience with lean manufacturing or similar production process improvement methods
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and SolidWorks
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560