Title: Software Development Engineer (DTJP00007013)
Duration: 0-9 months
Location: Austin. TX 78753
Global Configuration Services (GCS) is looking for a Software Development Engineer as a contingent worker role to join a team responsible for digital based service delivery. GCS (formerly CFI) is an organization within Dell Services that provides customized factory installed services for both Enterprise and Client product customers.
This role will be expected to:
• Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products. • Engage and participates in product definition and feature prioritization • Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product. • Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (patents). • Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. • Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status. • Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality. • Develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance. • BIOS service process enablement, development, integration, service enablement process validation, documentation, sustaining and support. • Interacts with service product marketing, GCS Transition managers, PMs, Enablement, PE , and end-users to define service offering process integration requirement. • Analyze quality data and drive for improvement plan; • Define process of providing technical assistance and advices for custom projects. • Working with guided direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of BIOS service enablement for all supported platforms and meet service levels. • Provide thought leadership, recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment. • Communicate effectively and proactively with management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly. • Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge and experience – especially in Python (but also scripting with DOS batch files, Java scripts, Perl, shell, and VB, and also SQL, XML, and programming languages). - Working knowledge of computer hardware, both client and enterprise systems, x86 based Legacy and UEFI BIOSes. Along with diagnostics and factory tools run from the UEFI Shell. Working knowledge on firmware tools on different peripherals. - Enterprise level troubleshooting. - Expertise with client operating systems including Win7, Win 10, WinPE and Linux. - Expertise with enterprise operating systems including Windows 2008, Windows 2016 and Linux. - Working knowledge of imaging tools including Ghost, Image-X. - Experience with MS Visual Studio and VSS/source control methods. - Experience with Virtualization technologies a strong plus. - Experience with Team Foundation Server(TFS) - MSBuild experience would also be a plus. Education: - Graduate degree and 1-3 years relevant experience or - Undergraduate degree and 2-5 years relevant experience Preferred skills are: - Experience in customer support, technical leadership, IT - Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, IT - Technical Professional Certification (MCSD, MCSE, Linux, etc) - Experience in a Factory Deployment environment.
Prepares flow charts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis Responsible for preparing design documentation Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to Dell?s systems standards, policies and procedures Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs Resolves customer issues with software solutions
Notes from PMO:
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge and experience with DOS batch files, Java scripts, Perl, shell, and VB, and also SQL, XML, and programming languages.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, both client and enterprise systems, x86 based Legacy and UEFI BIOSes. Along with diagnostics and factory tools run from the UEFI Shell. Working knowledge on firmware tools on different peripherals.
- Working knowledge of imaging tools including Ghost, Image-X.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and VSS/source control methods.
****The candidate will be working on RTS + 0 platform BIOS service enablement and sustaining so customer can order different configuration of BIOS options****