Description: Responsible for the design and documentation of LabVIEW-based automated test systems for ventilator products.
Outcomes: The successful candidate will:
• Develop test automation using object-oriented National Instruments LabVIEW.
• Design, build, validate and use automated software testing tools.
• Maintain and enhance existing LabVIEW code.
• Document, analyze and report on system testing results.
• Be able to identify and solve problems in testing setup.
• Ensures that verification testing is comprehensive with respect to system-level requirements.
• Translate system specification and requirements into system verification strategies, test plans and test cases for system performance testing.
• Designs test protocols, executes and documents tests results to verify compliance with system, quality, internal hazards requirements and adhere to FDA guidelines and accepted standards.
• Identify and setup data acquisition systems software and hardware.
Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Self-responsibility and commitment in meeting project objectives and ensuring system verification activities are conducted with timeliness, thoroughness and accuracy.
• Determination and sound technical judgment in problem solving and seeking solutions.
• Ability to communication all aspects of risks that may develop, issues that may arise or ideas on opportunities for improvement.
Growth: The successful candidate will become:
• Expert in the approaches, test tools and test equipment used in the system-level testing of ventilator products.
• Fully familiar with internal Quality System requirements and FDA guidelines for medical device software validation.
EDUCATION: B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years programming LabVIEW test solutions. Prefer CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect) or CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification. Experience in a medical device and/or test automation not required but preferred.