Title: Engineering Technician 1
Duration: 9 months
Location: Austin, TX 78753 [Candidates must able to work on-site.]
As an Engineering Tech, you will work on a variety of products related to the server engineering development. The environment is fast-paced and involves enterprise class technical knowledge and database knowledge of all types of Dell equipment. The position reports to the Engineering Manager and requires technical expertise as related to Dell sever equipment.
• Building, reconfiguring, and tearing down Enterprise level systems.
• Maintain metrics as related to volumes processed through Microsoft Excel and a database
• Have knowledge of servers/storage and their functionality.
• Maintain proper inventory of servers and server parts.
• Use small power tools such as a drill, dremel, or power screw driver.
• Use database to track systems/parts in build, returned and/or recovered
• Utilize proper Electro Static Discharge (ESD) procedures.
• Ability to communicate and work in a team environment
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to track and manage sub-system parts with in a database
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build, configure and tear down enterprise class systems.
• High School Diploma
• Technical Enterprise experience; demonstrate server system build and reconfiguration capability, with database tracking.
• Microsoft Office skills needed.
***For the first couple of months this role will be heavily involved in data entry and updating he tracking system. MTrack experience is a plus. Once the tracking the system is updated they'll be working on the fulfilling orders and building and decommissioning the systems. Mechanical type builds; adding components, motherboards, hard-drives, etc. anything involved when building a server.