The Strategic buyer ensures compliance/assurance to procurement buying standards through transformation of business purchase requisitions to purchase orders, emphasizing cost-efficient and on-time delivery of supply materials and/or services according to project demand. Also supports the development and executes supplier bid strategies; assisting project bid managers to win new business. This position is critical in driving Contribution to Net Income (CNI), E-procurement, and correct procurement practices. The Strategic buyer will work with various business units including: Business Unit Managers, Project Bid Managers, Project Managers, Commercial Project Managers, Engineers, Project Procurement Manager, Global Commodity Managers, and Suppliers.
This position reports to the Project Procurement Manager.
• Requisition through purchase orders fulfillment: process purchase requests (depending on thresholds); add necessary information (e.g. Commodity Code (ESN), INCOTERMS); material availability analysis; purchase order management incl. tracking; checking of content
• Supports Procurement strategies in projects on the basis of Division/BU-wide Procurement strategies and ensure their implementation, as well as, identify solution approaches and integrate diverse objectives to achieve the project targets
• Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date
• Analyzes very complex demand, markets and suppliers to create a basis for deciding on the optimum sourcing strategy
• Conducts price negotiations with C suppliers to guarantee security of supplies at the best pricing
• Undertakes supplier management to obtain the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain
• Maintains intensive regular contact with very complex internal/external interface partners in order to recognize developments (market, demand, etc.) and exert the appropriate influence
• Employs effective concepts of risk and contract management to avoid risk and warranty costs
• Maintain and update supplier master data in coordination with Regional Procurement in Spiridon SAP ERP; archive documents according to local regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
This position is open to high potential candidates who are looking for full time employment with MO TPE. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of procurement to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within a project driven environment. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in supply chain and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
BS/BA in related discipline, preferably Supply Chain Management, however Engineering, Project Management or Business is acceptable, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Direction of Others:
Individual contributor role however provides subject matter expertise/specialized guidance or training to support procurement best practices. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Expected to travel 10% to support supply chain negotiations and supplier management / development.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.