Client: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
Title: IT Systems Analyst Specialist - Sr.
Req #: 522373
Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 3-6 months contract to hire
Shift Hours: 7.5 hrs per day, 5 days/week
· Bachelor's degree (REQUIRED)
· Six (6) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (REQUIRED)
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products (REQUIRED)
· Analytical and interpretive skills (REQUIRED)
· Strong organizational skills (REQUIRED)
· Excellent interpersonal skills (REQUIRED)
· Computer science major (Highly Desired)
· Experience in multi-line claims management processes and system requirements (Highly Desired)
· Knowledge of third party administration and claims management business and technology (Highly Desired)
· Self Starter, ability to jump in and appreciate new challenges.
· Enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
· Ability to work independently and know when to reach out when necessary
· Problem solver
To lead the business analysis efforts for implementations and large, multi-line projects; to review, analyze and document internal and client user needs; and to provide mentorship and leadership within the business analysis team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads the requirements management efforts for large projects to include new client implementations and large strategic projects; devises and executes a requirements management plan for assigned projects; and takes ownership of the business analysis role throughout the project.
· Identifies and understands stakeholders; initiates and facilitates meetings and discussions with stakeholders as appropriate.
· Works with project managers, project requestors, operations, business representatives, IT representatives and clients to ensure complete understanding of software requirements; provides business related IT knowledge to clients and business representatives during the requirements management process.
· Produces project requirements documentation, including written documents, process diagrams, report mock-ups, wire frames and other documentation as required, using standard templates.
· Meets deadlines and manages work to timelines.
· Mentors team members.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
· Travels as required.
Bachelor’s degree required; major in computer science field preferred.
Six (6) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Experience in multi-line claims management processes and system requirements strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Strong knowledge of third party administration/claims management business and technology
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Self motivated
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability and willingness to take initiative
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description.
They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances.
Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
APN Software Service INC