Heavy focus on VMWare experience:
--Critical experience with installation and administration of datacenter equipment.
--Critical to have strong experience administering a VMWARE installation. --Developing VMWARE templates.
--Configuring HCI environments/ --Scripting/Provisioning VM's in VMWARE
Title: IT Infrastructure Administrator (DTJP00005776)
Duration: 0-6 months
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682 (Candidates must be able to work on-site)
Rates as Discussed: $52 per/hr on W2
We are hiring an IT Infrastructure Administrator who will be responsible for architecting & maintaining the development lab infrastructure that supports the development of an innovative Enterprise HCI software defined solution stack. The required infrastructure reflects industry leading private cloud solutions, to include; the latest in enterprise server, storage & networking & existing cloud software platforms. This is a highly technical position that will require an advanced understanding of virtualization, data center operations, and systems architecture. Successful candidates are those who are excited about taking on the challenges of developing next-generation IT solutions and participating on a team that measures its release cycles in weeks not years. Must be an excellent team player, yet capable of working independently
• Integrate and maintain physical and virtual infrastructure solutions in support of agile SW development activities • Ability to read and comprehend complex reference architectures with the know how to implement end-to-end
• Troubleshoots and repairs any environmental issues regarding hardware or software.
• Researches & implements industry best practices.
• Maintain active inventory of assets and perform ongoing maintenance and administration of development infrastructure (e.g. AD, DNS, DHCP, NTP, vCenter, SCVMM) and required tools.
• Manages work through Confluence/Jira.
• Document & post final environmental configurations and associated industry best practices.
• Execute given assignments in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
• Must have highly effective written or verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient in VMware products as well as networking and HCI platforms.
Required Experience and Education:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field.
• 6+ years relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience in a Systems Administration role (Microsoft, LINUX or VMware)
• Strong understanding of Internet/IP related technologies including, but not limited to, routing, switching and sub-netting.
• Understanding of core ISP technologies such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S.
• Knowledge of Fiber channel/iSCSI/SAS storage arrays. Understanding of concepts such as RAID.
• Working understanding of data center protocols including: CIFS, NFS FC, FCoE, and iSCSI storage protocols; DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP, and basic networking infrastructure such as switching and routing.
• Virtualization/Cloud infrastructure environments: VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, RedHat Openstack,
• Linux (RHEL, CentOS) PXE, Kickstart
• Network Admin level understanding of OSI model, Layer2 and Layer3 protocols (ie. vLANs, FCoE, DCBx convergence, SNMP, STP, Link Aggregation) Desired experience
• Experience with Dell Enterprise, Server, Storage and Networking platforms.
• Familiarity with HCI platforms and SDS and SDN concepts and technology.
• Working experience with Visio and architecture design documentation.
• Experience with VMWare vCenter, vSAN, NSX, vSphere.
• Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues and ability to work with diverse teams.