Title: Designer Drafter
Location: Tampa, FL 33309
Duration: 5 months (until 6/8)
The Designer Drafter is responsible for creating design drawings from engineering principles and concepts while adhering to Tampa Electric Co. standards, schedules and other controlling factors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under general supervision, develops cost-effective piping, pipe support, structural, mechanical, and electrical designs for projects initiated by ES Engineering staff. 20%
· Assist to develop working drawings and construction packages using such tools as mechanical drawing and CADD as necessary. Complete work packages may include new drawings, calculations, revised drawings, engineering sketches, bills of material, vendor drawings, purchase requisitions, etc. Obtain ""as-built"" information from the field to incorporate into the final file drawings. 30%
· Utilize AutoCAD and other advanced CADD tools in the performance of design work. 10%
· Use whatever means are available to obtain information to complete designs including field measurements, existing drawings, vendor information, engineer interviews, standards, etc., to complete the designs efficiently. 10%
· Under general supervision, provide drawing interpretation during the installation and construction phase of the project. 10%
· Continually improve design expertise through training in new areas of expertise, learning new CADD techniques and software, and on the job experience working hand in hand with engineers. 10%
· Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor or management. 10%
This position is directly responsible to the Manager Support Services, for the completion of all assignments and for performing all the functions previously listed. Has frequent contact with peers and manager for the exchange of information on assigned projects.
May have contact with A/E’s and consulting engineering firms, and vendors. May get work requests from outside the department with TECO.
H. S. Diploma or equivalent, and formal drafting courses.
The equivalent of a (2) year degree in drafting technology.
A minimum of 3 years related work experience.
College degree may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience of 3 years with a 2 year degree in drafting technology.