Cloud Project - Software Engineer 3
Location: Redwood City, CA 94065
Duration: 6 months contract to start with
1. Strong experience in Python and/or Java. Expert level in Python is preferable but someone who knows both is always better.
2. The candidate must have experience in automation of network devices for a production network in a web /service provider / cloud service organization.
3. The candidate must have strong background with NETCONF and ANSIBLE -- this is what we use for pushing configuration to network devices
4. The candidate must have background in configuration, management and operations (both manual and automated) of either CISCO or JUNIPER NETWORK equipment. If they know both – that is a bonus. JNIA/CCIE certifications are a big plus
5. The candidate must have knowledge of network concepts for the next generation L2/L3/Leaf Spine architectures, TCP/IP, BGP routing and network management.
6. Knowledge of automation for F5 load balancers is a big plus /advantage.
We are looking for developers that are able to deliver software for configuration of Cisco /Juniper network devices – so they need to be software developers that have also done network operations/engineering/architecture in the past.
Typical candidates might have worked at Cisco / Juniper/ ARista or would have worked at Web/ecommerce/Cloud services companies in the operations engineering functions.