Position: Underground Main Line Field Inspector // Distribution Design Technician // Lineman // Apprentice Lineman
Location: Tampa, FL 33610
Duration – 7+ months Contract (Possible extension)
Job Code - 525972
Responsible for coordinating and inspecting underground mainline conduit and residential service installations of outside contractors.
Responsible for coordinating and inspecting underground mainline conduit and residential service installations of outside contractors. Verify Distribution Design Technician designs of underground construction work requests to ensure materials, drawings, and methods of installation are accurate. Issue work to contractors based on job readiness and schedule provided by Distribution Engineering. Monitor contractor performance and oversee projects are completed in a cost effective and timely manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assign all underground mainline conduit and residential service work to contractors in order to meet service deadlines set forth by the customer via Distribution Engineering. Participate in pre-construction meetings with Tampa Electric team members, contractors, and customers to provide input and feedback to new underground construction projects. (30%)
· Pre- and post-inspect the jobsite to assure the mainline conduit systems and residential services installed by contractors are in compliance to TEC’s general rules and specifications. Resolve underground mainline conduit and residential service issues with Distribution Design Technicians, contractors, and customers to prevent delays that may affect in service dates. (30%)
· Coordinate site restorations and grounding of distribution and transmission systems with contractors. (10%)
· Reconciliation in areas of responsibility, which includes all related costs for materials, labor and other resources. Processes and coordinates material orders from various TEC Storerooms. Responsible for approving and inputting all contractor invoices into WorkPro. (10%)
· Record daily data from field inspections into TEC Contractor Management System database to monitor and grade contractor performance and efficiencies and report on issues of concern regarding contractor workmanship and safety violations. (10%)
· Periodically serves as backup to Supervisor, Field Construction to be on call, 24/7, to respond to underground outage issues and coordinate restoration with contractors. (10%)
Interacts with multiple levels in the organization (i.e. Distribution Design Technicians, One Source, Service Area Representatives, Planners, Stores, System Service Dispatchers, Project Managers, and Line Supervisors).
Interacts with customers, governmental agencies, contractors and developers.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent certificate
Valid Florida driver’s license and safe driving record
Minimum of three years of experience as a TEC Field Inspector, Distribution Design Technician, or Lineman / Apprentice Lineman with knowledge of TEC General Rules and Specification, WorkPro, and GIS; Mainline installation experience;
In lieu of Tampa Electric Company experience defined above, a minimum of four years of experience as a commercial and residential underground service installer or field inspector with related experience within the utility field construction environment is required.
Minimum of three years of TEC experience as defined above.
Must have good communication and organization skills to meet deadlines and work in a fast pace environment, handling urgent issues in the field under minimal supervision; Capable of being on call to respond to emergency issues after hours and coordinate contractors in restorations of services and mainline
Knowledge of TEC General Rules and Specification, WorkPro, and GIS; Ability to read and understand construction prints and interpret GIS data.
Daily working conditions include office and field construction environments. The daily use of a company vehicle is provided for construction site inspections. The use of personal protective equipment to include Fire Resistant (FR) clothing is required around energized conductors and equipment. Occasional overtime on call required. Available to respond to emergency underground issues to coordinate restoration with contractors 24/7.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS:
· Driving to locations in all TEC service areas
· Walking to field locations for inspection purposes.
· Lifting 20lbs regularly and occasional lifting of up to 40lbs.
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560