Duration: 6 months extendable
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
· Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field; or the equivalent combination of experience/education. Minimum of 3 yrs. experience as a hands-on Desktop Support Technician working in an enterprise class environment w/personal computers, laptops.
· Excellent attention to detail, the ability to learn new technologies quickly. Good understanding of networking essentials, PC troubleshooting, networking. Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors. Understanding of company's existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and procedures.
· Documentation skills to prepare documentation of processes and procedures according to corporate standards.
· Communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions. Ability to develop, work through, and complete small technical projects. Conducts analysis, creates system specifications, develops, tests and implements engineering, scientific/business applications, operating systems, file/database servers. Utilizes existing or new technology in the automation of processes.
· Evaluates software packages, provides recommendations to mngt. Independently support clients of the PacifiCorp systems via phone, email, web, or in person regarding computer software/hardware operation.
· Develop training materials/procedures, train users in the proper use of hardware/software. Troubleshoot device conflicts, resolve connectivity, moderately complex application issues.
· Analyze issue, determine resolution. Provide 2nd-level support to the Help Desk for PC issues. Build new PC assets in accordance w/business requirements, replace outdated equipment, manage technology obsolescence. Determine best methods, cost effectiveness. Image new PCs or laptops, hardware/software setup, configuration, remote control. Independently develop, complete sm
APN Software Services INC
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560